I can't leave philosophy...


I meet with philosophy when I was in last year in high school. I found in my home a book entitle “Filsafat Umum” which authored by Prof. Dr. Ahmad Tafsir, each one of UIN Bandung lecturer. It certain book of my mother when she was finishing her master degree in UIN. I don’t know is it admit or not, unrealize I choose sociology as my subject in university cause sociology is similar with philosophy. Both are provide a lot of theory that induce my reason to think deeply. A set of theory about fundemental concerns in life, society, human behavior, history, etc. Historically, sociology ever called as “social philosophy”, before philosophy separated independently and sociology changed into “science” as we known today.

I like to think all the things deeply. Sometimes, I can stay in my bed room for a long time in my home, alone. I rarely to communicate with my family, include my parent. Likely people will judge that I’m an introvert, but you have to know that in some situation, I can be a person that have a lot of speak. I can talk about anything. And I brave to talk with foreign or stranger if it needed or if it important. So, maybe, I’m an introvert person, but in any situation, I suddenly change into extrovert, even I can be a leader and I proved that when I was being in university.

Back to topic, let we talk about philosophy. What makes philosophy have a great interest in my view? because when I read philosophy books that as if I challange to understand everything. In other word, philosophy thoughts have pushed me to understand everything using my mind or my reason independently. Philosophy will disturb and apart us from common sense, daily thoughs, or practical thoughs. Philosophy always question everything which, actually, never done answered by anyone in the world until today. Commonly, in Indonesia futhermore, people are frequently bring any of problematic question about life in the front of religion. We can mention it “dogma”. Of course it is not bad for we as a religious society, but I think we as a human who has granted a reason by God have to think rationally. And the bad news, sometimes an answer which provided by religion is irrational or irrelevant with the current. So, we need answer provided by philosopy rationally.

However today, philosophy is not interest and considered unimportant and unneeded by people... It’s irrelevant with today world... It’s full of bullshit and not make anyone get material prosperity... Philosophy is too theoretical and not practical... Actually, those opinion comes from people who does’t understand clearly the essence of philosophy. Those opinion is appear in what in philosophy mentioned as “industrialism” beliefs. And it is appears in a certain time, firstly, in 17 age, hundreds years ago and developt until now . And “industrialism” beliefs also born by philosophy of life, namely pragmatism and instrumentalism. So, people who judge philosophy like those above essentially follow a certain philosophy as well. Althought, perhaps they are not realize.

So, until now, even tomorrow, over and over, I wiil never, even, I can’t leave... philosophy. I love philosophy and feel ecstatic when thoughts of philosophy obsess and touch into my deepest soul.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pengalaman tes di Bank BRI

Tentang Organisasi: Sebuah Refleksi

Pengalaman Tes SKB CPNS Kemenkumham 2019